Germs are almost everywhere. They are found on any surface, and the worst part is that you cannot see them. No one can ever know that if the germs are carrying the viruses or illness-causing microorganisms. Besides, the current situation has become quite threatening – the coronavirus pandemic. The most common thing that people have to carry in the bag or wherever they go is the sanitiser. Before and after having food or touching any surface, you should rub your hands with few drops of sanitiser. The best defence from the germs and viruses is to use the sanitiser.
If you are not able to find the best quality sanitiser in the market, you can make your DIY sanitiser. Please make your own sanitiser at home and make sure to apply it on the hands and keep them clean.
What Are Essential Oils?
The essential oils are being extracted from the plants. These oils are taken from any part of the plant like leaves, stems or flowers through the process of cold pressing or distillation. The essential oils have the same scent and other therapeutic properties as the plant from where they have been extracted. One of the popular ways to use the essential oil is by aromatherapy. This is because essential oil stimulates certain parts of the limbic system when inhaled. Thus, the emotions, behaviour and bodily functions are also affected. You can shop doTerra essential oils in Australia from Essential Oils with Susana. The aromatherapy is an excellent method to make your home feels great, and you can get health benefits from these oils.
Can Essential Oils Work As A Sanitiser?
Some of the essential oils have antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and the antiseptic properties. The essential oils that have these properties are-
- Tea tree oil
When these oils are diffused with the help of the nebulising diffuser, these essential oils act as the sanitiser in the home and also deliver some of the best health benefits to your and the family members. However, while you are using the essential oil as the sanitiser, you should dilute the concentration with water or any carrier oil. The essential oils are highly potent and can irritate the skin. Thus, you must follow all the important steps before you are making the sanitiser at home.
How To Make Your Own Sanitiser With Essential Oil
The Main Ingredients Are-
- Spray bottle- as you are working with the essential oil, you should always use the glass bottle. The essential oil can damage the plastic bottle.
- Alcohol– to make the sanitiser effective, you should add a few drops of alcohol. The alcohol should be 90% pure to kill germs, mainly virus-like coronavirus. For this, you can use isopropyl alcohol or drinkable grain alcohol.
- Essential oils– make sure to use essential oil and not the fragrance oils like eucalyptus, lavender or rosemary.
- Vitamin E– this will keep your hand from drying due to the presence of alcohol.
- Aloe Vera gel- this acts as the moisturiser
- Fractioned-coconut oil– serves as the carrier oil and dilutes the essential oil.
- Glycerine- it helps the essential oils to mix with the alcohol
Hence, if you are planning to make your own sanitiser at home, be sure to use the right amount of the above ingredients. Essential Oil with Susana provides the best quality Doterra essential oils to buyers.