If you are struggling with insomnia or facing difficulties in falling asleep at night, the essential oils can get help. Studies have shown that aromatherapy is the best alternative to pharmaceutical applications for those who are suffering from poor sleeping habits. In this guide, you will know about the benefits of using the Doterra essential oils in Australia and how effective it is in treating insomnia.
What Are Essential Oils?
These oils are extracted from the plants in a manner so that they can have their original properties. The essential oils are stored in a part of the plant like the leaves, twigs, roots, stems, flowers, and seeds. The oil is extracted by a special process where the plant’s active botanical ingredients are obtained in the liquefied version. The botanical constituents are then dissolved in the solvent to make the herbal extract. These extracts are much more effective than direct plant extracts. When you are using the essential oil, you will get more benefits from the plant as the botanical constituents like flavonoids, phenols, and alkaloids are directly accessed.
How to Use Essential Oils to Have Good Sleep
Essential oils are used in various ways to make them effective in reducing insomnia. Here are some of the ways explained in brief-
- Rub 3-4 drops of essential oil on certain parts of the body like wrist, chest, forehead, hands, or your feet. Do not apply the oil directly on the skin; mix it with any carrier oil like olive, almond, grapeseed, or coconut oil. As the skin is very sensitive, it cannot tolerate the raw essential oils.
- You can also light up the aromatherapy candles in the room. The candles have wax infused with essential oils.
- You can pour a few drops in the essential oil diffuser that will disperse the room’s scent.
- Put a few drops of essential oils on the hand and rub the oil with the pals together before you smell them.
- You can also add a few drops to water and spray in the room and over the pillow.
- You can also pour a few drops of the essential oil with Epsom salt in the bath before going to sleep.
- Add the essential oil in the pot of boiling water and inhale the steam coming out from the pot. You can cover the head with a towel to create a tent effect, ensuring the steam does not escape from the pot.
Popular Essential Oils to Reduce Sleep
Essential oils help to promote good sleep. Some essential oils have a soothing effect. It is better to use them before going to bed to tackle insomnia and promoting good sleep. Other essential oils help to clear the airways and prevent sleep disruption due to sleep apnea and snoring. The essential oils used to reduce insomnia are lavender oil, chamomile oil, sandalwood oil, bergamot oil, clary sage oil, valerian oil, and jasmine peppermint, ylang-ylang and sweet marjoram oil. You can get some of the best varieties of pure essential oil from Essential Oil with Susana.